Do you know your store design affects your business’s brand experience and the ability to convert visitors into potential buyers? Shopify 2.0 metafields is an essential requirement for every online business to deliver a satisfying and pleasing aesthetic experience to customers.
The Shopify 2.0 features and tools support the success of an eCommerce business by enhancing the ease of controlling the store’s aesthetic. The revamped metafields, access to more business-oriented data, and streamlined set of tools for the developer team offer greater customization and flexibility to online businesses.
Let us get into the details to understand the essential aspects of shopify 2.0 themes CLI to leverage its benefits for improving your online business store.
What is Shopify 2.0 – What Does It Mean For The Developers?
With millions of users, shopify store 2.0 makes a perfect choice for the eCommerce business looking for a convenient online store for better ease, comfort, customization, and support. Talking about the shopify vs. shopify 2.0, the original shopify came with 70 plug-and-play customized themes for quick setup of their online store in less than 15-minutes.
However, editing the shopify themes and creating the custom pages was always challenging. But, thanks to the shopify 2.0 metafields and shopify 2.0 themes CLI, shopify store 2.0 hopes to bring significant changes.The shopify 2.0 features extend excellent opportunities for the developers to build attractive and benefitting themes and apps for the shopify merchants. Moreover, the shopify 2.0 themes CLI creates satisfying, pleasing, and amazing experiences for the shoppers, buyers, and merchants without compromise.
Also Read – Shopify B2B- An Innovative Solution To Manage Ecommerce Stores
Main Highlights Of Shopify Store 2.0:
- Improved Metafields: use shopify 2.0 metafields to create, customize, monetize, and scale on shopify and to quickly reinvest the infrastructure of your store
- Improved Developer Tools: leverage the benefits of improved developer tools like – theme check, shopify CLI tool, shopify Github integration, etc. to support building better commerce with creative expression at every touchpoint
- Theme App Extensions: integrate any desired shopify app into your store without changing its theme code with the help of app blocks in the theme editor
- Dawn Theme: the newly introduced dawn theme in shopify 2.0 is 35-times faster than the debut shopify theme; thus, enhancing the overall experience of your online business store.
- Better Use of Sections: shopify store 2.0 not just limits the use of sections on the homepage but also ensures better use of sections on every page. This is one of the main changes in shopify vs. shopify 2.0.
The shopify merchants can leverage the benefits of shopify 2.0 with these amazing features to look forward to a better and more flexible online store to boost their sales.
Unlock Business Creativity With Shopify 2.0 Metafields:
Are you still struggling to store the additional information about your products while using the traditional shopify’s product template? While this has been one of the major concerns for online merchants, the best shopify 2.0 themes comes into the picture.
The improved shopify 2.0 metafields allow businesses to add customized data fields with the respective product pages or variants according to the need. As a result, the merchants can store custom product information, which helps create unique business experiences. This helps businesses to add life to their online store.
Thanks to the latest shopify 2.0 metafields, businesses can store additional information about the various offered products and services. Apart from adding detailed product descriptions, the merchants can conveniently edit and define the product details with a few clicks to leverage the benefits of shopify 2.0 without any hassles. This also helps the businesses to attract new customers while retaining the existing loyal ones.
The shopify 2.0 metafields also add the flexibility to capture, add and represent the required data specific to the business’s brand value. Besides, the best shopify 2.0 themes also allows businesses to connect the metafields to the apps and business theme, which can be accessed by anyone authorized in the team.
Steps To Create Online Shopify 2.0 Metafields From Customizer–
For instance – let us understand the magic of shopify 2.0 metafields in case you want to portray your product’s size chart. You can create the desired metafields to generate the required value dynamically.
Below are the following steps to follow:
- Log in to the backend of your business store.
- In the online store, select the ‘customize option‘ present right beside your current theme option.
- Now choose the ‘default product‘ from the drop and click on the ‘add block‘ option available on the sidebar.
- Choose the desired theme block style, like a collapsible tab or any other that you wish to represent the required information.
- Click on the theme block style to change the available heading and add the required information.
- Enter the required information you want to display under the tab content option. This information will be the same across all the pages until fetched dynamically after creating metafields.
- To fetch the required information dynamically, choose the ‘dynamic source’ icon available in the top right corner of the tab content option.
- Choose the metafields and then click on the ‘insert’ option.
- Lastly, click on the ‘save’ option to ensure that all the changes are saved and reflected.
Shopify 2.0 metafields allow businesses to personalize their online store with the help of dynamic resources and better convenience.
Understanding Shopify CLI –
Besides the shopify 2.0 metafields, the improved shopify CLI offers the necessary support and flexibility to the online store to get started. Traditionally, the developers used to work on the shopify CLI to create Node.js and Ruby conveniently and quickly on the rail apps and extensions.
With the new and improved shopify CLI, businesses can extend to welcome and implement new features in their online business store. Once you have decided to install shopify cli, the businesses can initialize any new theme project. Moreover, businesses can rely on the shopify app CLI to push, publish, run and develop the themes from the command line.
The businesses can also leverage the various benefits of the shopify 2.0 themes CLI to automate many different steps which were completed manually previously. This also helps create a private or custom business app by automating various development tasks.
For instance – businesses can install shopify cli and use the shopify app CLI to initiate the project, copying the required credentials, setting the required HTTP connection tunnel, etc. Thus, the developers can also focus on all the development tasks to avoid any hassles or problems while bringing out the best business online shopify store.
Shopify 2.0 themes CLI makes an ideal choice if you want to create a private or customized shopify app without any complex development changes.
Benefits Of Shopify 2.0 For A Shopify 1.0 Online Store:
You simply need to upgrade to shopify 2.0 themes CLI to leverage all the benefits of shopify 2.0 without any hassles. Here are the following 3 ways that the businesses can adopt –
Download the new theme:
- Visit the shopify theme store and filter the results using ‘Theme Architecture.’
- Now, select ‘Online Store 2.0.’
- Choose your desired theme and then click ‘Try Theme.’
- You will only pay if you like the theme and want to publish it to your shopify store.
Update the current available theme:
- Visit the shopify theme store and filter the results using ‘Theme Architecture‘ and select ‘Online Store 2.0.’
- If your current theme is available for an update, you will see that in the list.
- You can also set a notification in the shopify admin by clicking the ‘Add to Theme Library’ in the notification.
- Any customizations made in the theme are thoroughly copied and applied to the updated theme.
Migrate theme template:
This method is a length one and is recommended only for developers. Here are the steps to follow:
- Install shopify cli and use the shopify CLI tool.
- Ensure to log in as a ‘staff’ or ‘collaborator’ for the account you want to work on.
- Create a copy of your desired theme.
- Convert the code of your current theme into the JSON template using the liquid input setting.
- Move the required HTML in the sections used in the new JSON template.
Creating an online business store with the benefits of shopify 2.0 using the shopify 2.0 metafields and shopify 2.0 themes CLI adds the required flexibility to enhance the overall experience. Thanks to the shopify 2.0 features, businesses can design their online store without detailed knowledge of coding or any developer help.
If you still have any more doubts concerning the shopify 2.0 metafields or to install shopify cli, you can get in touch with us in the comment section. Also, explore more about shopify vs. shopify 2.0 with our professional industry experts.